sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Love love love love....

What an irrational feeling full of so many different emotions: Hate, indifference, passion, lust...
I think that Helena's character's it is seen very often, however not so direct as she is with Demetrius.
It is interesting that when someone is interested in someone else the more they are being ignored, the more they like that individual. It seems that when we are told "NO" the more we want it, just like Helena. Is it a thrill? Or do we enjoy throwing ourselves into what never happen?

In class we were told to pay attention to the wordiness of their speech. For example, when Hermia is planning on leaving with Lysander she says that in about 8 lines. As I was thinking about that question, I thought perhaps that by adding so many words to what can be said in 5 just adds to the comedy. Adding so many words adds ridiculousness making this play funnier.

The fight between Oberon and Titania does not only add more humor into the play, but magic. Puck is a clever little evil man, despite his evilness I enjoyed reading about his reputation and his
mischief. It definitely told me that he has nothing else to do but to mess with other people's lives.

No hay comentarios: