sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

Othello

I was very impressed by Othello's personality. I definitely admired his attitude toward controversy, it takes someone wise and with a level headed mind to not attack when they are being confronted. A trait that many humans must practice in order to diminish the uneeded drama that exists all around us, especially at the young adult life.
Othello spoke that he would have never married if he didn't love Desdemona so much. I believe that this statement that he gave when he was explaining himself, tells me that he is inexperience in the love area.
I believe that most of us have experienced an immense love for our first love. To the first love you give yourself blindly, unconditionally and without any boundaries. This is not a good thing to do, this is an assured death.
I did not think any further about the reason why the play took place in Cypruss. After hearing one of my classmates presentation I started wondering about this matter. As our professor said, everyone when going to Cypruss was alienated. If we think about Othello, he is not Venetian, he is a moor. He is also the only one with military experience and now he is isolating himself a lot more.
I foudn it very interesting that Desdemona decided to go with Othello in war times. I have not seen that in any movies or novels. Desdemona was definitely not lying when she said she liked adventures as well.

Iago's repulsive personalty must be commented. He knows exactly what he is doing and it upsets me to be confindent that there are so many people like him in our world today.

No hay comentarios: